10.26.2009

holy banners batman!!!

after procrastinating as long as i could i have finally had to suck it up and paint the banners for the reception hall. the ceilings are like 20 feet and there are normally "Jesus"ish banners on the walls. they are nice enough to let us take them down and put up some of our own since the church ones don't really look right with the decor. i have to hang these in sets of 2 since they are kraft paper and the normal banners are about 64" wide. so we are using 2 30# panels side by side. i have finished the first set of 2 and am waiting on another set of 2 to dry. they are going pretty quickly with acrylic paint since it dries so fast. since i cannot lay them all next to each other to show how they will look all together you will just have to wait to see pictures from the actual wedding. for now, a teaser of the 1st set. super cheap and huge impact. i think they are like 11 feet tall. they take up the entire living room which is the only place i can do them side by side. i don't know how brian is going to move around in here when he gets home. i might have to relegate him to the bedroom.


5 comments:

  1. Those are really beautiful. They will look beautiful hanging throughout the church, or so I imagine. Gosh, I can think of quite a few occasions that these could be useful. I like them sideways too. Hmmmm, may have to wrap my backyard walls in the spring for some occasion! Great idea.

    P.S. Love the brown kraft paper. I chose this paper with sage green ribbon for my Christmas colors. Cheap, green and just like the song from Sound of Music - Brown paper packages tied up with string. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, those are killer! I am blown away by your crafting skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow love it!!! I left you something on my blog today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the comments ladies!!! i hope they look awesome when they go up in 2 weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I can't wait to see all this come together on your wedding day! I LOVE all the details, and craftie things you're doing. Thanks for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete